Ethan is our 9 year old son. He is very creative. His mind is constantly trying to think up his next project. Lately he loves making paper airplanes and paper guns.
Sometimes I love this about him and other times is drives me completely insane. Especially this past Sunday.
Let me set the stage.
Bob and I are out enjoying a great lunch after church with our Pastor, Pastor Rod, and his wife Diane. I get this text message from Ethan (the boys are at home). "Mom can I use your blow dryer?" And of course my response is "For what????" His innocent response is, "Jet" and I respond with "Ok." Because lately he has been gluing allot of paper together to create things so I am thinking well he must have made a Jet and wants to dry the glue faster.
So we have a fabulous lunch and all the while I am unaware of the destruction about to take place at home....
As we are on our way home I get a call from Bradley. Which is odd. They usually don't call unless something is amiss.
"Mom, did you say Ethan can take apart your blow dryer?"
My stuttered response goes something like this, "What? Why? Where? No!"
"Well mom, Ethan said, YOU said he could take it apart to build a Jet." *Heavy sigh from me* And you might ask does this piece of news surprise me? The answer is not at all. After all this is Ethan.
Remind to stop letting him watch "how it's made."
Anyways I tell Bradley to stop ALL demolition until I get home. And he does. Luckily Ethan had not gotten far before Bradley caught wind of what was going down.
And this morning while I was having coffee enjoying the peace and quiet Ethan pops his head out of the kitchen and asks, "Mom do we have any empty cans?" and before I can say why or NO he quickly sees the look on my face and says "Um never mind, but I am going to have tomato soup for breakfast...." and runs off.
Again some days I love his creativity and others....well today after walking into the kitchen only to find Ethan washing soup cans out all I can do is shake my head and tell myself to just enjoy this season of Ethan the creative kid he is.
| He periodically sends me out for "Supplies" for his projects... |
| Here is the evidence.... |
| Ethan's Art table is his room. |
| This is the truck Ethan built with above "Supplies" |
| This here is a basket filled with paper airplanes...I find them ALL over the house and don't know what to do with them so I just put them in this basket for Ethan to sort out. |
| This is the library book that he checked out this week. |
| Ethan's bedroom or as I like to call it the "Armory" |
I just laughed out loud multiple times!! I love this kid so much!!! :-)
ReplyDelete