Friday, September 7, 2012

Is this a joke?


So this is Alaska.

Yep this is it.

I live here now.

Hmmmm....not sure how I feel about Alaska yet.

I have had a few people ask me how we ended up here. First I tell them "I have no freaking idea how this happened!" but then I remember that’s the same answer I gave when finding out I was pregnant to my parents. Just kidding I wasn’t that drunk. Okay, Okay, I am kidding about everything....Well not the about the moving to Alaska part.

The real reason in my opinion is, God loves a good... hearty...laugh. But I guess that doesn’t quite give you the BIG picture, so here it is...

A few months ago my husband was approached by the company he works for regarding a possible transfer to Alaska.  Now truth be told we have always said our next move would be overseas not stateside.  But when we heard the word "Alaska" Bob and I both felt like we should pray and seek God's will in this. We know mountains would have to be moved in order for this to happen and we would know if those mountains are indeed moved then we will go...simple right?

So we go ahead and book a flight to Alaska scheduled for the end of May. At this point we have said yes to the possibility, that's it. Bob and I have peace about going and checking Alaska out and seeing if this is the next step. And I firmly believe that I will know as soon as I step foot in Alaska. And by this I mean peace will rain down on me and I will feel like I am home and know without a doubt this is the next step in our journey...or again I will step foot in Alaska and know "NO WAY in H E double hockey sticks" is this God's plan...

Needless to say, neither one happened.  On May 25th 2012, My journal entry begins with...We did not get an answer.  And I am shocked by this...I told God very simply I need a clear YES or clear NO...and most of my friends need this too. Do I need to break out a "Where are you God?"

Now Alaska was beautiful and all but I at this point I could not see myself actually living here.

Anyways the one thing we had with each step we took towards Alaska was peace. Which in my opinion had to be the Lord. Why would I ever have peace about uprooting my life, my kids life, my husbands life (wait I am his life), and moving to the last frontier?

The verse that kept coming to mind when I would pray was,

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.-Proverbs 3:5-6

Because in all of this, I really wanted to just trust God.  Trust God with my life. Going or staying I just wanted to be obedient. I can't begin to understand the reasons for what God does. But the bottom line is I want to trust Him with everything.

So mid June Bob was officially offered the job. And it was a great offer but, it didn't move ALL the mountains we thought should be moved in order to go. We saw it very clear, God moves the mountains, we go, God doesn't move the mountains, we don't go. End of story.

So with this direction Bob and I were going to say no. And let me tell you, as soon as Bob and I decided we were saying no, the peace we had the whole time up to this point completely left us.

And then after allot more prayer Bob said very calmly "Moving to Alaska is the next step in our journey." And although this was shocking to me, I knew right away that this was what we were supposed to do and the peace was back. In fact I felt like I took a peace shower...but that's probably TMI.

So here we are saying yes to Alaska.

Some things that I believe God has revealed to me since then are- I prayed and prayed for God's Will but when "my will" did not happen, I was upset. "I said" God move these mountains and I will go and God said "my timing, not yours." Ouch.  And ton's more but this is a blog not a book so I should wrap this up.

In the end God wanted us out of the boat and trusting Him. But Everyone has different "Boats" and things God is asking them to Trust Him with. 

I know this blog is kind of long but I wanted to start my blog off with "Why is my blog titled "Adventures in Alaska?" Because life is an amazing Adventure and mine currently is in Alaska.
























No comments:

Post a Comment