One thing that has changed since moving to America's Icebox is that I have to cook now. And to be honest, I can count on one hand how many times I have cooked in the last 3 years. I excel in cooking homemade chicken pot pie, and anytime I had to cook dinner this was what I would make.
I mean really...Why would the "B" team step up if the "A" is home.
And if you asked my kids they would tell you very plainly "If dad dies, we all die."
Also I hated cooking. Did you notice this is past tense? Now, I don't want to ahead of myself or anything but this is week 2 of cooking for my family and I have loved it! Talk about Jesus changing the desires of your heart.
Not to worry, I will not be blogging and trying to teach people to cook over my blog and showing you a step... by step...by step. But now and again I will share how NOT to cook.
So this past week I had some hits...and some misses.
Lets talk about the misses.
Pot Roast. How hard can it be right? I was under the impression that if you put something in a crock pot, then you can leave it in the crock pot on High for as long as you want and when you are ready to eat it it will be so tender (because you left it in an extra 2 hours to achieve this) and just fall apart in your mouth.
Do you want the good news or bad news first?
So here's the bad news's...More time with a pot roast means it turns out like a brick. DID NOT see that one coming.
Good news is my husband saved the night. Barely. He made some amazing gravy last minute and we soaked our bricks in it for like 5 minutes or so and we were able to save dinner.
Some hits were, creamy mashed potatoes (Bradley might have said mine were better than dads...Music to my ears!) and also homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs.
Here are pictures of my hits...and no I did not take pictures of my misses, thats just wrong!
No comments:
Post a Comment